I had a "You too" moment the other day. A "you too" moment is when you automatically say "You too" to someone. For example, "have a nice day" and without thinking we all reply "you too".
Brian Regan (comedian) has a skit about this and I totally fell into that stupid mode the other day at Costco. I'm waiting in line for the worker to mark my receipt before I exit the store. I bought a spiral ham b/c we love making sandwiches and just snacking on ham. (We are carnivores at our house). Anyway, as she is checking my cart against the receipt she starts to say, "Enjoy...." I thought she was going to say, "Enjoy the rest of your day" or something like that. I didn't even really hear what she said until I started to walk away. She had said, "enjoy your ham" to which I had said, "you too". I then had to stop and say, "Wait, you don't have a ham." (really smooth on my part).
Anyway, there is my dumb blond moment for the week.
Here is the clip from Brian Regan:
8 years ago

At least you stopped and corrected the "you too" moment, I usually don't catch myself until I am out of range!! LOL
ReplyDelete