I'm not sure I can call today's events "snicker stories"...it was more of "I'm gonna smack you stories". At the end of 2 hours, Alan and I felt like we had been through the ringer. I was irritated, flustered, and even threatened with "Do you want me to go get your Mom???"
Brad (from previous posts) was trying to give birth to his suit jacket and was flailing all over the floor. Christian, another boy who only cares about treats and coloring, was punching himself in the face and suggesting that everyone punch themselves in the face for his choice action for "Do As I'm Doing". B, visitor from previous post, indicated that her family had moved and that she was going to be in our class EVERY week. (I'm trying to get her out of our class by pointing out that she just turned 5 and thus should be in the class below ours, but maybe I should just suck it up for 1/2 a year vs an entire year with her after the new year starts).
Alan was trying to have a kid help him read about Jesus feeding the 5,000. Alan had him try to read ALL 6 verses. We lost all of them by the end of 1 verse. By that time we had already done "Do As I'm Doing" twice with each kid getting to choose an action. We handed out papers for them to draw and color a picture of how they can share and then played a memory game.
So much for a spiritual lesson.
8 years ago

Hang in there!! Some Sunday's are just like that, I'm sorry to say..I know the frustration though...I remember when I had your Dad substitute for me in the same age group that you are teaching, because I was in the Stake primary at the same time, he came home and told me he came within inches of stapling Devin's star to his forehead!! :)) Soooo, I think you guys are doing great!!! :))
ReplyDeleteI now know where to come when the day has sucked! Your story was funny, and I am sorry that it was true. hang in there pretty lady!
ReplyDeletexoxo