Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dinner is in the pantry

So I written about my new obsession with food storage in previous posts and my obsession has ONLY grown (as evidenced by the pictures below).  

I think we almost have a year in some things.  I still need to get more water...but we are getting there.  I love the independence and comfort this gives me.                     
                                             

























The other night, I was exhausted from work, but starving!   Cold cereal was NOT going to cut it.  As I was driving home, I started to think about what I could make that would be quick, easy, and filling.  I wanted my version of this meal my Mom used to make for us as kids called turkey tetrazzini.  I didn't have to worry about having any of the fresh ingredients because I had them canned. 




I was able to go to my pantry and pull out the above items and create a yummy and totally healthy casserole in under an hour.  



I am a huge believer in food storage and LOVE learning to use it every day.  


P.S. My brother and his family were in town this weekend and his kids drank my powdered milk and even asked for MORE.



Yes, at our house, we drink powdered milk and even kids will drink it! 

3 comments:

  1. Nik - you're seriously AMAZING!!! I LOVE your food storage. And that turkey tetrazzini looks so flipping delicious... mmm I'm HUNGRY!! ;) Way to go, girl! Once we get back to the States and have a place to actually put it, you'll have to help us get our butts in gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job nik! Way to use those coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!! Your turkey tetrazzini makes my mouth water, way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete