Subject: Munchie
She looks like a docile and trouble free cat right?
WRONG!!
This cat is absolutely psychotic. I swear she is scared by her own shadow. The slightest bit of noise and her ears twitch around and then she pounces off into a "hiding" place.
We kept her in the basement through the winter because we felt bad putting her outside in the cold. We thought she would run away or get lost. Then Alan heard there was fox in the area and that was the clincher...Munchie stayed indoors through the winter. He did not want Munch to become fox bait. I think us trying to be nice only made her PTSD worse!!
Now that she is outside, she has become even MORE psychotic (if that was possible). For example, a couple weeks ago, she went missing for a couple days (not totally abnormal). We started to get a little worried. I started to hear her meow, but couldn't find her. I thought I was hearing things. (Alan has horrible hearing and he could never her what I was talking about.) But then the meowing got louder and more frequent. I could hear her meows in the garage but then they would stop. I looked outside by our front porch and could hear her really loud. It started to sound like she was hurt.
After looking around outside for her, we thought she may have found a way into the house from outside. Alan climbed into the attic with his headlamp and another flashlight and sure enough she was on the back beams walking back and forth.
She couldn't climb over to us because the insulation was so deep. Alan had to climb over to get her. The crazy cat had gotten herself into the house and then couldn't get back out.
We're not sure how she got clear up there but we are thinking she got in by our front porch. There is a gap by the stairs that tunnels under the house. At least that is the only thing we can think of. We hope she learned her lesson because now she just hides out in there, but has not climbed up into the attic again.
When we get our landscaping started and finished, we will have to fill these holes in. Until then, we hope the psychotic cat will stay out of the attic.
8 years ago



She is totally psychotic, but so beautiful...can't help but love her right???
ReplyDelete