Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Snicker Stories 6/20

Each Sunday we go to chruch we just have to snicker about some of the things the kids say or do.  I think I'll have to post some of these that really hit us and will call them our "Sunday Snicker Stories" and introduce you to our kids (with fake names of course). 

BRAD:

This week started out with Sharing Time and one of our little ones (we'll call him Brad for purposes of this blog) being DRUG in by one of the primary workers.  Brad is literally dragging his feet and uttering protest of coming to Sharing Time.  His arms are already out of the sleeves of his shirt and 2 buttons on his shirt are undone (tie those sleeves together and we could have placed him in a straight jacket...which might have saved us a little bit of drama later.  Oh well...). 

Of note, Brad is our exhibitionist.  Each week he promptly starts to undress himself as he sits down in any setting.  This makes Alan extremely uncomfortable b/c he is not our kid and he's just not too sure what is okay and what is not.  So Alan starts to squirm.  :)  Alan had to sit by Brad within the first 10 minutes of Sharing Time because Brad had progressed to getting ALL buttons of his shirt undone and was talking to himself with his belly. 

20 mins into Sharing Time and Alan has to escort Brad out of the Primary Room.  I checked the clock and made a mental note.  After 5 minutes of no return of Brad or Alan, I started to worry.  Much to Alan's dismay, Brad had picked his nose so hard that he gave himself a bloody nose.  Alan took him to the bathroom and had to clean him up.  Amazingly, there was no blood on either of their clothes when they returned.  Alan walked Brad back into the Primary room.  Brad is fully clothed and is smiling.  Bonus. 

Brad sits down and immediately takes off his socks and shoes. 

We make it through Sharing Time and head to class.  Brad IMMEDIATELY takes his socks and shoes off. 

Our lesson is about being a peacemaker in our homes.  Brad is going CRAZY throughout all the activities and lesson.  Random screams of unintelligable things spout from his mouth as he pokes the other kids and climbs on his chair.  So not a peacemaker. 

Onto coloring.  Harmless right?? Not exactly.  Suddenly Brad drops his head (very dramatically) and begins to cry.  Now, I'm not talking about a few tears and mainly noise (like when kids are trying to get what they want).  No, he had snot, a river of tears, and bubbles around the mouth.  He yells, "They hurt my feelings". He is pointing to the two kids next to him who are suddenly very intently coloring their father's day cards.  When asked who hurt Brad's feelings, these two look at me with puppy dog eyes as if to say, "Who me? I have no idea what you're talking about ...I would never...". 

Okay, so the peacemaker topic didn't go over too well. 

There's always next week...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is soooo Primary!! I love it, I am going to be watching for these updates every week!! You and Alan are getting baptized by fire with little ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik,
    I hope that you are planning on printing these stories, so funny! So what do 'Brads' parents act like? Sorry had to ask. Thank you for your comment and info regarding bedding. HOpe you are having a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete