Last Friday (Al's day off), I walked into the office to see what noise I was hearing. Then I saw it, our neighbor was in our back yard attacking the wheat field we had growing. I said to Al, "Curt is out there weed whacking our back yard. You have to get out there and help him!"
I had to get both Al and Curt on camera attacking our wheat field. Alan is in gray and Curt is in red.
I spoke with the neighbor's wife, Kay, today at a baby shower. She said that he could remember when they were both working crazy hours and how her mother (his mother-in-law) would come weed their back yard and what a sense of relief he felt having one thing crossed off his list. So he wanted to do that for us. Seriously...
We have been so blessed to have the opportunity to live in this neighborhood where people aren't just nice to your face, but they each truly care about you.

No comments:
Post a Comment