8 years ago
Sunday, April 11, 2010
We survived primary!
Our ward split this last month and the entire ward is playing "substitute". We got called last week and were asked to substitute teach primary...the 5-6 year olds. Eeekkk. Alan's response was, "you know we don't have kids right?" Ultimately we said YES and jumped in today. Honestly, I was actually scared. Who wants to look like a fool in front of anyone, let alone a bunch of kids?
We split up the lesson and were pleasantly surprised. These kids were awesome! They were smart, funny, and really entertaining. I laughed so hard. One kid actually told us that he was going to avoid the "treat" at the end of the lesson because he was trying to be healthy! What 5 year old refuses candy??? In the end he took one treat vs. the two treats that the other kids were allowed to take.
Who knew that Al and I could actually survive primary and enjoy ourselves. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


NIIIIICE! Teaching primary definitely makes Sundays a little more interesting! You'll hear some doosees for sure--and probably a few family secrets too with that age. So glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteGood job! I'm glad that it went well! Jared and I just got released from the 4-5 year olds, be prepared to teach for a while. We were in there almost 1 1/2 years.
ReplyDeleteIt was my first day back in RS yesterday and I was crying. I miss my friends, all of which were 4-5. Write down the funny things they say... they are hilarious!!
Are you kidding me? Hmmm...let's see...don't you remember how much my kids loved you when you were here last year? I seem to recall Robert jumping into bed with you each morning. You are GREAT with kids, so I'm not surprised you had a successful lesson!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I don't think it matters if you have kids or not. I have two kids and I am scared to death of serving in Primary. Seriously. I know I'll get my chance someday, but I am dreading it. So, nice job Chamber Family!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on survival. Maybe we will just start sending Emitt to primary with you! Hee HEe!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you!
I knew you could do it! I'm sure the kids just loved you. So glad we got to hang out this weekend--we need to do it again and soon!
ReplyDeleteOh how I have missed you, this is hysterical, you are so funny Nik. Good luck. Coh is always telling his primary teachers things that should be left in the comfort of our own home. The other day he said something about a nakedy princess Leah. HMMMMMMM
ReplyDeleteGood luck you two will be fantastic!
Had no idea you were blogging.....=)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you conquered your fear of 5 year olds! Now you can do anything.