This one guy never fails to make me laugh. I try to picture him younger and I think he is the guy who had HORRIBLE pick-up lines. (Currently in his 80's, is going deaf, and is a wee bit forgetful.) He can however, remember my name and compliment me each and every day.
Most of you know that I am not the primping type. I value my sleep. I value it SO much that I will shower at night, set my clothes out on the floor next to the bed, make my lunch, and set out my keys by my purse. This is not an OCD thing...it is a SURVIVAL tactic. I despise mornings and when the alarm goes off at 4:40 AM I always think bad words and snooze AT LEAST once. I literally roll out of bed (with my eyes closed), grab clothes off the floor, stumble into the bathroom and turn on the smallest light possible. From there, I dress with my eyes closed and proceed to get ready. It takes me less than 10 minutes most mornings and that is mostly because I stumble around in the bathroom half a sleep. Some days I've put my scrubs on inside out (some of my scrubs are not reversible) and it is very obvious to others that I did not look in the mirror before leaving the house.
So when this cute 80 something year old says things like, "you are so beautiful" and "your husband is a lucky man". I have a hard time not laughing out loud. Tuesday this week was his best/worst comment to date. He said, "God sure must have known what he was doing when he made you." Part of me thought: CREEPY. The other part of me took over and just laughed out loud! I laughed so hard that I started to cry and almost wet my pants (because I had already drank my morning Diet Mt. Dew and a protein shake). So as I continued to laugh (while everyone else in the unit is staring) the cute old man just looks at me like I've lost my mind and proceeds to reassure me that I am in fact beautiful.
Isn't it nice to be old, blind, deaf, and delusional??

That is one cute, old man! He's right though. You are gorgeous. It's annoying, but you have always been the kind that doesn't NEED to primp, like the rest of us. Really annoying. I wish I could it!
ReplyDeleteFirst you are BEAUTIFUL. The guy must not be blind. Second I laughed out loud about your last post in regards to church ball. Thank you for the smiles! xoxo BCCB
ReplyDelete