Monday, May 18, 2009

Race for the Cure 2009

So it has become an annual tradition to run in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. There are many people at work who have been affected by breast cancer.

I started to run when Sharon (nurse at work) was diagnosed. Back then we were team Sharona! Here is a picture at Sharon's house after running my first year (left to right: Shelly, Me, Tami)


Then my friend Shelly (red head in picture above) was diagnosed with Liver Cancer and she passed away. I know the race is mainly for breast cancer, but Shelly is one of my driving forces to run each year.

Since then, many other women I know have been diagnosed with breast cancer...including Grandma V. So in honor of all these women, I drag my bootie out of bed to run.

Tami and I at this years' Race for the Cure.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! Next year I will be right there with you!! I have it on my calendar!!

    ReplyDelete